Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jerome Corsi (in May 2007) on Bush presidential "War Powers" directives

This clip - posted to "youtube" over a year ago brings our situation as "Free Americans" into sharp focus. A few muffled voices trying to sound the wake-up-call to Americans about this administration's self-awarded "war powers"! How could our elected representatives in congress (Democrats too!) have let this atrocity happen?
A few weeks ago, on July 4, 2008 I watched the fireworks show over our small town's football stadium. As a loudspeaker blasted out patriotic music (Stars & Stripes Forever, God Bless America, etc) to accompany the heart-stoppingly beautiful display of skyrockets overhead. I got the usual goosebumps - hell, I love this country too! None of these traditional songs, however, elicited the kind of fervent response from the crowd that occurred when post 911 country music hit "Proud to Be an American" was played. Young and old, people sang and shouted out the refrain again and again - . . . "I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE . . . and I wept for the loss of innocence - and for what I knew in my heart, in that moment, was a lie.

No comments: